As I stated in my blog respecting my Web site outline, the site I am re-creating already has a Web host. However, I did research this subject as if I were having to start from scratch and I don't mind telling you, given the seemingly infinite number of Web hosts available, it is just a little overwhelming.
I did a google search, went to http://www.free-webhosts.com/. For the most part, all the free sites I looked at offered upgrades for a fee. It helped to compare the two offers as I learned more about what to look for. For instance, some of the free sites do not offer spam or virus protection (http://www.50webs.com/). At http://www.awardspace.com/web_hosting.html/, I discovered that the free service charged $14.95 for domain registration while the first upgrade offered the first year free and the two further upgrades offered "free forever" domain registration. While http://www.atspace.com/ was top-rated site, I was instantly turned off by the typos on the home page. Just what is $0,00" and "3,99$?"
It has always been my opinion that more times than not you get what you pay for and if it's free, you need to really look deep down.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment